What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent by a website’s server to the browser on your computer or mobile device. Cookies help us to recognise and remember your device when you visit our websites and enable us to retrieve among other things, your user settings and preferences.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To log your use of our website and services so that we can understand which content you find useful or interesting.
- To support our advertising activities.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional activities, email campaigns, and advertising.
- To ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide social media features such as liking and sharing our content.
What type of cookies do we use and why do we use them?
We use different types of cookies to run our website and services including:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We use functional cookies to personalise and improve your experience by making it easier and faster to navigate our website. Functional cookies enable us to retrieve your user preferences, personalise your visited, and to simplify sign-in procedures.
Analytical cookies help us to understand how visitors gain access to or read our content and interact with our services. We collect statistical information about our visitors, such as whether they have visited the site before and the pages they view. We use these cookies to determine the kind of content and services our visitors value most, which in turn helps us to improve our website and its content. By understanding which content you find useful or interesting, we can recommend more content that you might like, as well as continuing to produce the most valuable content to meet your needs. Analytical cookies are set by codico-distributors.com and third parties, including but not limited to Google Analytics.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. On this website, you’ll find information about a browser plug-in that can be installed to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics.
To help fund the content, products, and services we provide, third-party vendors, including Google, display advertising regarding our services.
- Help show ads that are relevant to you based on inferred interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA)
- Restrict the number of times you see the same ad (frequency capping)
- Create a browsing profile that is used to deliver more relevant ads
- Measure the effectiveness of the ads that are served
- Detect fraudulent traffic
Some of the cookies set on our website are served by third parties and not directly related to Codico Distributors.
If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our services allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behaviour to the personal data held on your social media site. Third-party cookies are used to facilitate this.
When using our services we may embed content from third parties also. For example, we may embed video, audio, tweets, and other articles and pages. These third parties may set their own cookies on your device. We do not control which cookies are set by third parties or how the cookie information is used. This cookie information can only be accessed by the third-party who set it.
These third parties have their own security, privacy, and cookie policies. You are advised to review these separately.
Updates To This Policy