The Technical Sales Engineer’s primary role is to sell equipment including factory-specific solutions which will include Laser Marking, Inkjet, Thermal Transfer, Labelling, Vision and Factory Automation solutions to the manufacturing base in this designated territory.
Supported by our National Sales Manager you will work with existing customers as well as identify and bring on board new clients. Managing an existing account base, you will develop and build strong customer relationships, and support our customers whilst identifying opportunities to add value to their business. You will prospect for new business, identify new opportunities and implement solutions to improve market presence.
- Management and growth of the existing customer base ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction as well as business development with new clients.
- Regular travel within the assigned area to maximise the business potential.
- Manage the sales cycle from the initial enquiry stage to final acceptance and after-sales support.
- Perform regular on-site demonstrations of our technology to end users and original equipment manufacturers (OEMS).
- Participate in or attend trade shows.
- Work collaboratively with all internal resources to meet and exceed our customer’s needs.
- Deliver commercial proposals in a timely fashion.
- Prepare sales reports to management on a routine basis.
- Regular update and maintenance of customer information, quotations and sales opportunities via CRM system.
What we look for:
- Proven track record (preferably 2-3 years of continuous employment) as a field-based sales consultant, account manager, technical sales representative or business development manager in a B2B environment.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels.
- A willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed with the ability to handle your own diary.
Qualifications & Desirable Requirements:
- Experience of working in a targeted sales environment, being self-motivated and target driven.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office suite, Microsoft Teams/Zoom etc.
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Presentation and demonstration skills.
- Must be able to deal with key stakeholders (Business Owners, Managing Directors, Production/ Engineering Managers/Production engineers).
- Ability to negotiate pricing and sales conditions within given guidelines.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with autonomy.
- Works as part of a team.
- Full clean Irish driver’s licence.
- Experience in Manufacturing/Factory Automation or the Packaging Industry is a distinct advantage
- Third-level degree in a technical or business field.
- Experience with Coding/Marking/Labelling or similar equipment sales
- Experience using CRM systems.
Excellent terms and an attractive package is on offer for the right candidate. This is a remote role with occasional travel to our headquarters in Waterford. We are most interested in candidates living within the territory (Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Roscommon, Longford, Westmeath)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter along with your CV to apply.